With the current challenges associated with COVID-19 and our clients’ safety and well being at the top of our priorities, we have implemented several measures to ensure that we keep you COVID Safe during your build.
We are a NSW Government registered COVID Safe business with a COVID-19 Safety Plan in place and we are committed to keeping you and your family as well as our team safe.
Some of the measures we have implemented are:
- We keep our team isolated from the existing home and our clients for the maximum time period that is practicable. This includes not penetrating the ground floor for as long as possible when building a first-floor addition and utilising scaffolding to complete the majority of the build until we are required to create the entry hole for the stairs.
- We have introduced hygiene stations (pictured below) across our sites, which ensures that there are adequate facilities for our team to enable good hygiene practices (e.g. soap, hand sanitiser, signage and reminders).
- We have developed and implemented infection control policies and procedures.
- All of our team have been directed to comply with the latest quarantine measures if they are experiencing any flu-like symptoms or are feeling unwell.
- Every individual that enters any job site is required to complete an induction and we keep log of their details.
- Rather than face to face communication, we can communicate with our clients via video calling/conferencing, messaging (Whatsapp, text messages etc.) and email before, during and after the build, to enable a seamless contact-free build process, eliminating any unnecessary contact.
Your family’s and our family’s safety is of the utmost importance and we have implemented the above strategies to ensure that we all remain safe and healthy during these challenging times.
We appreciate your continuous support and business during these times and would love to create more space for your family to live comfortably and happily together.
Should you wish to discuss your build or enquire about the safety measures we have in place, please contact us on (02) 4647 2324.
The 32 Degrees Building Team acknowledge that we have a duty to provide a safe workplace without risks to the health and safety of our team and our clients.
This includes managing the risk of exposure to the coronavirus, COVID-19 and reducing any impact this may have to our clients, team members and contractors.
We are still conducting business as usual and welcome you to contact us about your build. As a response to the current situation we have implemented the following:
For your reassurance, our builder Alistair will be following strict hygiene protocols when attending onsite consultations. He will refrain from contact and maintain distancing where possible. He carries hand sanitiser and disinfectant wipes with him in the car to use before and after each consult. Alistair has also not been overseas in the last 14 days and has not been into contact with anyone that has tested positive with Coronavirus.
For those clients who are looking to build a second storey addition or have plans for an upcoming building project for quoting however you or a family member are unwell, you are self-isolating and/or would prefer to maintain social distancing from our builder, we are offering 20-30 min virtual video consultations*. Alistair can do a virtual walkthrough with you in your home to ascertain the scope and conduct a consultation with you remotely, addressing all of your questions, providing a quotation to you via email in 2-3 business days.
*virtual consultations are not available for extensions that do not have plans already drawn/prepared as an onsite consultation is required for these.
All of our onsite team have been provided with sanitiser and disinfectant wipes that will be used throughout the day and at the end of each day. Where possible our team members will work in the same groups to minimise the risk of exposure to our members if one person was to become infected. We are also practising distancing by limiting face to face contact with clients and refraining from any contact with each other. If any member of our team displays symptoms, they are being sent home until clearance is provided.
As new information becomes available, we are keeping our team well informed so they can respond swiftly and appropriately. While the circumstances continue to change and we modify our operations as necessary, we thank you for your patience and cooperation. As new developments occur, be assured we are committed to taking care of our clients and team members.